Paul From Minneapolis

Sunday, January 29, 2006

It is Taboo

In the ‘no WMDs’ reality, the new gospel says Hussein didn’t have as much control as we thought. The regime was built on such fraud and fear and decay that his own scientists were lying back to him. And you know, it makes sense. Except maybe it’s bullshit. When it comes to Gospel truths on Iraq, we’ve had several of them go away and disappear over the years.

With that in mind, here’s an Iraqi Air Force general saying the WMDs got sent to Syria in a quite organized fashion. (via Right Wing Nut House)

Things we know for sure: It’s completely a possibility. There’s probably no way to know, and we’ll very likely never know. And, it’s considered bad form even to bring up in polite company.

I think. Is that me projecting? Yet it feels like it'd be naughty to offer it to the circles I frequent. How dare I conjecture so wildly that maybe W wasn't wrong, is not a liar, that sort of thing. At long last have I no shame. But I’d say – off the top of my head – there’s a chance in three at the very least that’s exactly what happened.

And that's the way it is.