Paul From Minneapolis

Monday, November 28, 2005

A Kindred Spirit at Huffington Post

A comment way down – comment 37, I think, by “juandimensional” and addressed to “oops” – is marvelous. It puts current travails into historical perspective. I've insisted many times to my friend Steve that the left forgets to do that. And yet he's stil my friend. (Another way of phrasing it is, the left tends to perceive a country that doesn't include itself, or even what might be called the left impulse in nearly everyone.)

Juandimenstional provides a nice quote from “The Mikado:"

"Then the idiot who praises, with enthusiastic tone, All centuries but this, and every country but his own..."

Mr. dimensional has the grace to distance himself from the word “idiot” in that quote. I wouldn’t have done that, and I defer to Juan’s superior approach.

You don't really need to read the original post to get the comment, by the way. You can if you want. I wouldn't.